Do you want to learn how to build https://tee-phrases.thirdtrio.com.au/ using .NET Core MVC with Umbraco Headless?
On the 7th of August 2018 (Tuesday) at 6 PM, I will be presenting (tutorial style) at the Melbourne Umbracian Meetup on how to do that.
This meetup will be held at Luminary, Level 1, 195 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, Australia and will be live streamed on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8__gqF8AnhA
Please confirm your attendance at https://www.meetup.com/Australian-Umbraco-Meetups/events/249881087/ (even if you are joining in remotely).
Make sure you have the following prerequisites if you intend on joining us and making the best use of everyone's time.
- Sign up for Umbraco Headless & create a headless project
You can find instructions at umbraco.com/headless. Keep your CMS empty. We will populate content as we do our Tutorial.
- Install .NET Core 2.1 on your machine
You can install it from https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-core/2.1
Still not sure? You can check it using the instructions here.
- Have you installed the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio Code?
I've got VS2017 (v15.7.5) and VS Code (v1.25.1) running on my machine. I will be mainly using VS2017 for this tutorial though.
- Have you installed a Git Client you are comfortable with?
You will need to pull changes and switch branches. I will be using Git bash, but you are free to use whatever Git client you favour.
- Have you forked the tutorial/demo code from the Github repo?https://github.com/emmanueltissera/umbraco-headless-demo
Your First Task
You need to complete the following task before 6 PM on the 7th of August 2018.
- Fork or pull from https://github.com/emmanueltissera/umbraco-headless-demo
- Get the latest local copy of the master branch
- Open & Run TeePhrase.sln using either VS 2017 or VS Code
- Make sure you see the following screen:
|The first Screen you should see|
See you at the meetup
That's it! You are ready! Sign up for the meetup and I will see you there.
If you have any queries before that hit me up on @dAmazingNut